In 1978 the chinese government became concerned with the baby boom era and placed great emphasis on family control and planning, initializing the one-child policy.Though the government have seized the rigorousness of the one child policy in 2002, there have been accounts of women still being sterilized and forcefully sterilized, mainly throughout cities like Puning City of the Guangdong Province and Linyi city of Shandong Province.
SOURCES: The information gathered in this section was found at Wikipedia.org
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Search in FORZADAS search engine using tags and keywords, whether be by country or case to find more works about forced sterilization in China.
Below you will find reading and information about Forced Sterilization in China:
- Tien_ Sterilization,oral contaception, and population control in China (1965)
- Grennhalgh_Controlling births an bodies in village china (1994)
- Jonhson-Epstein_ Expading eugenics of improving health care in China (1997)
- Ebenstein_the %22missing girls%22 of china (2008)
- greenhalgh_writing-chornichles-history-of-chinas-one-child-policy (2008)
- wang_et_al-2016-american_journal_of_economics_and_sociology (2016)